Monday, December 14, 2009

Ghosts.

Ghosts.



Some believe they exist, others see no physical evidence...or simply believe it to be nonsense. Personally, I have never seen one [ghost] but would love to. Well, maybe "love" isn't the right word (I'd be scared out of my wits!), but at least I'd be able to believe that we may have a metaphysical part of us that continues on after death. I would like to think that there is indeed an afterlife, or a spiritual existance within us all. Alas, I am a new-found skeptic. Simply accepting something of that magnitude through an unconformed belief system/other (like religion) without having a personal experience, or evidence, would be silly to me.



As you probably know; working in metaphysical studies (such as a paranormal investigator) has become a pretty popular topic, if you have cable you probably have seen some shows with group investigators, who visit "haunted places". To name a few: Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, Most Haunted, etc.

In my opinion, Most Haunted is B.S.

Though, I'm a fan of Ghost Adventures (GH is alright too), mainly because I find the show to be authentic, or rather; as authentic as a ghost show can get when you include the "scary music, visual effects, etc...the ACTUAL investigation seems legitimate.

(if you would like to tell me why you believe it is a fake show, don't hesitate to comment people)

Anyway, I would like to show you one instance of a GAC (ghost adventures crew) moment, that leads me to belive they're not faking their filming.
Recorded at the Linda Vista Hospital. If you ignore the recordings, and everything else you scrutinize, at least look at the video around 2:50



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5py5_fz5QY&feature=channel





When you see Nick's reaction, it seems to be a genuine fear provoked by something. He was alone in that corner, and saw something to make him respond the way he did. If you care to give some credit to the equiptment they're using, Zack explains that both Aaron and Nick's camera froze right before he saw the apparition. Of course, this might not be the most convincing evidence for anyone..but it is just one of many experiences these guys have had that leads me to believe they're honest investigators.



Books, TV shows, personal accounts...there are many sources of information about ghosts. I believe some, if not most of them to be false, produced just for our entertainment, or misleading. But one bad apple shouldn't spoil the whole bunch. I believe there are honest and hard-working individuals in the field of paranormal studies, who have tried to capture or have captured evidence of spiritual beings, ghosts, apparitions...whatever you wish to call it. I think we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea of ghosts being part of a scam or joke, and instead take a close look and do some personal investigations.

No comments:

Post a Comment